Parallels launched Parallels DaaS, a new Desktop as a Service cloud computing solution for SMBs and the MSPs that support them. Parallels DaaS is tailored to assist organizations with quickly adopting a cloud-first approach to delivering apps and desktops to any Internet-connected devices for their remote and hybrid workforces.
What makes it stand out is not requiring specialized IT or VDI knowledge. By removing the barriers of technical complexity, the solution offers enterprise-grade technology with ease-of-use.
“Parallels has been at the forefront of simplifying IT for end users through innovative virtualization solutions,” said Chief Technology and Product Officer, Prashant Ketkar. “Today marks a milestone as we launch Parallels DaaS, a fully managed Desktop and Application delivery solution that transforms complex and costly IT setups to deliver VDI/EUC solutions. With the release of DaaS, customers and partners can rely on Parallels as a strong alternative in the market, meeting their remote desktop or application delivery needs. We are committed to providing our partners and customers across all geographies with the choice and flexibility they need to deploy on-premises, in the cloud or hybrid with Parallels.”
Parallels’ portfolio of solutions is designed to cater to diverse organizational needs, whether delivering applications and desktops from the cloud with Parallels DaaS, on-premise, through a hybrid approach with Parallels RAS, or directly on the device with Parallels Desktop.
In a market where talent is scarce and demand is high, Parallels DaaS provides a simple, scalable, and cost-effective solution that frees organizations from the burden of managing and maintaining virtual desktops.
The first version of Parallels DaaS introduces several key features for SMBs, including:
- Onboarding in under 20 minutes: With the intuitive and modern admin portal, apps can be deployed, and new users can be set up with just a few clicks, resulting in a fast time to value. End users get immediate access to applications and desktops from any device.
- In less than 20 minutes, organizations can onboard Parallels DaaS.
- In less than 10 minutes, a new app or desktop can be deployed.
- In less than a minute, end users can access the apps or desktops deployed in DaaS – as quickly as accessing emails in a browser.
- Competitive TCO: Parallels DaaS is available at a competitive TCO and offers a predictable subscription-based model. Designed in the cloud, it minimizes IT management overhead and eliminates infrastructure complexity. Plus, companies can benefit from the built-in autoscaling feature for efficient management of inactive users.
- Integrated data security: Parallels DaaS has a unique cloud-native architecture which separates the control and data layers ensuring that the data stays in the customer’s environment.
- Rapidly scaling up or down: Parallels DaaS hosts a modern cloud-native architecture allowing for efficient use of cloud resources. Companies can rapidly scale desktop deployments up or down to meet changing demands.
Parallels DaaS is now available worldwide, with monthly subscription costs starting at $9 per-named-user, per-month. Click here for additional information about all features, or to request a 14-day trial. To view highlights, click here.