Versa Networks announced a set of enhancements to its trademarked VersaAI that includes embedded generative AI capabilities to identify malicious behaviors in real-time, secure generative AI tools, and enhance network and security operational excellence.
These capabilities are powered by a shared set of fine-tuned AI/ML engines integrated into the Versa Unified SASE platform and used across its product portfolio.
In today’s business environment, networks and security are indispensable and intrinsically linked, but the infrastructure to deliver these services has grown in complexity and risk due to the rise of public cloud, SaaS applications and the need to integrate point products.
Security and networking teams face a constant barrage of threats and outages. CISOs, CIOs and their teams struggle with the challenges while they are overwhelmed by massive volumes of telemetry data from point products, limited budgets and legacy processes that can’t scale, which necessitates AI’s intervention to level the playing field.
VersaAI delivers advanced capabilities to simplify the management and monitoring of complex networks while securing the infrastructure. With VersaAI, customers access a comprehensive set of threat protection, data protection and operational capabilities across the Versa product portfolio.
The Versa Unified SASE Platform integrates a panoramic data set from across the entire infrastructure – from the WAN edge, cloud, campus, remote locations, users and devices – into a unified data lake. VersaAI taps into this data lake to extract AI/ML insights that are applied across the Versa product suite.
Built on the UEBA and AIOps modules that identify threats and anomalous behaviors while delivering actionable insights for accelerated remediation, the VeersaAI capabilities include:
- AI/ML-Enhanced Malware Detection for Advanced Threat Protection – This capability deploys multi-stage AI/ML for real-time pre-processing of files and code snippets to identify malware.
- AI-powered Adaptive Microsegmentation – Organizations can enforce tailored Zero Trust conditional access controls for users, IT/OT devices and resources. They can assess user behavior using AI/ML-based UEBA and device posture while isolating potential threats into microsegments in real time.
- Generative AI Security – This capability delivers granular, policy-based controls for generative AI tools (e.g. ChatGPT) to help enterprises protect against unauthorized access and action.
- AI-Assisted DLP (Limited Access) – This capability enhances pattern-recognition DLP with context-based analysis by fine-tuned LLMs to identify sensitive data. This protects enterprises from data leakage of company proprietary information, including source code and personally identifiable information within prompt windows, documents, and images.
Built on Verbo, an NLP-based chatbot, and VANI, a specialized machine learning core for detecting and predicting anomalies, VersaAI for Networking delivers AI-assisted features that have automated troubleshooting, optimized operations, reduced network downtime and improved predictability.
New capabilities include:
- VersaGPT – Eases daily operations with generative AI-powered access to Versa documentation and knowledge base. This improves enterprise productivity through a guided experience and access to how-to guides, configuration information, recommendations, and the sources from which the information is derived.
- AI-Informed Predictive Traffic Steering – With this enhancement to VANI’s fine-tuned predictive networking engine, security and networking teams can pre-emptively adjust traffic paths in real time to avoid degradation or reachability issues, and to seamlessly maintain application and network SLAs. This lessens the need for expensive digital experience tools that are necessary with other competitive solutions.
More information about VersaAI can be found at https://versa-networks.com/products/versaai