Owl Labs, a company that builds AI-powered, 360-degree video conferencing solutions, has launched the trademarked Owl Bar device, a front-of-room camera, microphone and speaker that pairs with the registered Meeting Owl device and trademarked Whiteboard Owl camera to make hybrid meetings more immersive.
The Owl Bar is a front-of-room camera on the market that works wirelessly with a 360-degree, center-of-the-room camera for a front-and-center video conferencing experience. The Owl Labs ecosystem uses its proprietary AI-powered software to switch among cameras to capture the best view of in-room attendees, enabling more natural face-to-face conversations between in-person and remote participants.
The Owl Bar works as a standalone device or integrates with other Owl Labs products using proprietary multi-camera software to create a custom ecosystem that frames the faces of in-room participants on-screen as they turn their heads, improving eye contact and preventing side views.
The products are powered by Owl Intelligence System (OIS) software, which uses AI to auto-focus on in-room attendees as they speak and move. Owl Labs solutions work seamlessly together and scale to show the best view of all gathering spaces, from small huddle rooms to large boardrooms.
In a world where 98 percent of meetings have at least one remote participant but only eight percent of the 89 million meeting rooms are wired for video conferencing, more than 150,000 organizations in 156 countries use Owl Labs technology, including 84 of the Fortune 100 companies. This launch comes on the heels of a Series C investment and strategic partnership with HP Tech Ventures, the venture capital arm of HP Inc., which was announced in November and brought Owl Labs’ total funding to $47 million.
The Owl Bar pairs with other Owl Labs devices or works alone and it is compatible with all major video conferencing platforms. Product highlights include:
- Automatically shows the best view of speakers – When paired with the Meeting Owl, the OIS software automatically switches between cameras to show the best view of participants’ faces on-screen.
- Multi-camera ecosystem supports spaces of any size – Uses proprietary software to connect seamlessly with other Owl Labs devices, including the Meeting Owl, the Whiteboard Owl, and the Expansion Mic, to scale and support different rooms. Can be mounted on a wall, mounted to a television screen, or placed on a table.
- High-quality video – Owl Bar’s 114-degree, 4K, 30-megapixel camera pairs with the Meeting Owl’s 360-degree, custom fisheye lens, so all meeting attendees are clearly seen.
- High-fidelity audio – Owl Bar’s four omnidirectional microphones and integrated, high-definition speaker can pair with eight smart mics on the Meeting Owl, so everyone can be heard.
- IT support and device management – Manage the Owl Bar and other devices via tablet, phone or desktop app, with remote fleet management capabilities through the Nest customer portal.
Customers can purchase the Owl Bar for $1,999 or bundle it with a Meeting Owl for $2,999 on OwlLabs.com or through third-party resellers and distribution partners. The Owl Bar and the Meeting Owl 3 bundle will be sold on Amazon in the coming months. Find your local reseller here or contact email@example.com.