Vulcan Cyber, developers of the cyber risk management platform for attack surfaces, launches its Vulcan Cyber Attack Path Graph, a product that helps cybersecurity and IT operations teams visualize attack paths and security posture impact based on cascading vulnerability risk.
With Attack Path Graph, Vulcan Cyber delivers the next generation of vulnerability prioritization technology to help prioritize cloud-native vulnerability risk with extreme context with a focus on eliminating the most-critical cyber risk to a customer’s organization.
As vulnerabilities become more frequent and severe, and cyber risk mitigation grows more complex given pervasive and distributed cloud adoption, traditional vulnerability management and prioritization tools are not keeping pace.
Modern asset and vulnerability risk management require a holistic view of all cyber assets and their relationships, enhanced with a robust perspective of vulnerability risk. The Vulcan Cyber Attack Path Graph delivers advanced vulnerability risk management for impactful remediation by uniting contextualized and customized risk prioritization with an asset risk topology map.
“Legacy vulnerability prioritization and risk scoring fail to consider asset or business service context, not to mention the overall interconnectedness of the digital enterprise. No two organizations are the same. Generic threat severity rankings create distracting false positives for IT security teams, wasting already constrained vulnerability remediation resources,” said Yaniv Bar-Dayan, CEO and co-founder of Vulcan Cyber. “Vulcan Cyber Attack Path Graph gives security teams the power to confront the overwhelming volume of cloud-scale threats by clearly visualizing potential attack paths from the perspective of an attacker, a capability that enables them to prioritize the most critical threats to the business itself. This represents the most-advanced vulnerability risk prioritization mechanism for extremely efficient cyber risk mitigation.”
The Vulcan Cyber Attack Path Graph offers these capabilities:
- Understand the attack path using visualization
- Coverage for cloud, network infrastructure, endpoint, application and code-based attack surfaces
- Predictive risk prioritization and exposure impact modeling
- An attacker’s view of infrastructure vulnerability and exposure
- Perform advanced asset and vulnerability risk prioritization
- Eliminate the false positives to focus on the most-critical vulnerability risk using advanced attack-path context
- Easily communicate asset risk and vulnerability impact to all asset owners and remediation stakeholders
- Focus remediation resources on vulnerabilities that are most critical
- Efficiently remediate vulnerabilities and mitigate cyber risk
- Go beyond vulnerability prioritization to orchestrate risk mitigation
- Make informed remediation decisions and more efficiently manage and reduce exposure windows
- Reduce actual risk to the business for a more secure network
The release of Vulcan Cyber Attack Path Graph provides support for AWS Cloud with the ability to analyze security groups, ACLs and subnets to create a host topology map. Host vulnerability risk can be identified and supplemented with MITRE ATT&CK tactics and techniques to surface potential attack paths throughout the network.
These capabilities enable the Attack Path Graph to provide the most-advanced vulnerability risk prioritization based on actual criticality relevant to a user’s network.
Environment-specific vulnerability scanners may offer attack path modeling, but these tools only offer a siloed view of a limited data set focused on specific attack surfaces. Vulcan Cyber is the only RBVM platform to offer attack path modeling across all attack surfaces, combining vulnerability data from all scanners for the most-advanced, contextualized vulnerability prioritization and scoring.