StarRocks, a leader in real-time enterprise analytics, announced a cloud-native version of its SQL engine. StarRocks Cloud, a fully managed software as a service (SaaS) platform, simplifies the delivery of real-time analytics projects and reduces the time to business value for enterprises.
This cloud-based offering enables the democratization of real-time analytics to help further accelerate digital transformation strategies.
Founded in 2020, StarRocks project came out of the work being done on the Apache Doris OLAP database. The company has raised more than $60 million in venture capital; with its Series B financing closing in February 2021.
“The demand for faster insights poses several challenges for data infrastructure teams, including the non-stop growth of data, the proliferation of citizen analysts and data scientists, and cross-environment data pipelines that are increasingly brittle and complex,” said Mike Leone, senior analyst, ESG. “StarRocks’ strategy is perfectly aligned to address these challenges. By harnessing the data, they have collected through their digital channels to gain timely insights, enterprise organizations can benefit from data freshness and responsiveness – critical ingredients for digital transformation success.”
StarRocks is a next-gen cloud-native sub-second OLAP database. Its architecture is designed to support real-time data analysis and concurrent users with multi-table join queries. With StarRocks, data engineers can build various types of models including flat tables, star and snowflake schemas.
With a unified analytics platform, enterprises can analyze historical and real-time data and make timely business decisions. Providing modern analytics applications where the latest transaction data is combined with historical records affords the best in-app recommendation and decision-making.
“The growing complexity of data volumes and data pipelines along with the proliferation of citizen data scientists, are major challenges holding enterprises back from being able to fully utilize the massive amounts of data they’re now able to collect,” said James Li, co-founder and CEO, StarRocks. “With StarRocks, customers can unite real-time analytics, an OLAP database, and data lake analytics onto one engine, with one data pipeline.”
As enterprises expand the number of data users across their organizations, StarRocks supports that growth with its high concurrency that can support more than 10,000 queries per second. StarRocks offers comprehensive real-time data support including data ingestion at speeds of 100MB/s per node.
Benefits of the Cloud Offering Include:
- Reduced Administrative Overhead and Lower TCO – StarRocks Cloud is a fully managed StarRocks SaaS platform that eliminates administrative work
- Fastest Time to Value – Customers do not need to provision the hardware infrastructure or download software
- Powerful SQL Analytics Engine as a Service – StarRocks Cloud provides query performance with benchmark testing results showing a three- to a five-time performance gain
- Extending Simplicity and Ease of Use – StarRocks Cloud simplifies the complex requirements of real-time analytics in the cloud, by eliminating complex data pipelines and denormalized tables
- BYOC (Bring your own Cloud) – Safely integrates with existing data infrastructure for seamless and secure operations
StarRock’s Cloud will be generally available during the third quarter on Amazon AWS, with support for Google Cloud Platform to follow. More details here.