OneStream, a leader in corporate performance management (CPM) solutions has opened the company’s new global headquarters facility in Birmingham, Mich. Located in downtown Birmingham at 191 N. Chester St., the 23,000-square-foot facility will serve as corporate headquarters and a collaboration center for OneStream employees to drive innovation, partnership and company culture as the company expands its base of operations globally.
The Birmingham office is OneStream’s third location in the region and will have capacity for 150 employees. OneStream will continue to operate its two additional facilities in Rochester, Mich., to serve the company’s more than 260 employees in the state.
Originally a church built in 1920, the Birmingham facility was renovated using an adaptive re-use scope, allowing the building to be repurposed without requiring a complete tear down to keep hundreds of tons of material out of local landfills. The building’s interior design was planned to optimize access to daylight for all employees and includes 100 percent LED lighting controlled by a system compliant with ASHRAE Standard 90.1 to drive efficient energy use throughout the facility.
“OneStream is deeply committed to our local Michigan community, and we look forward to expanding our footprint in the area with our new headquarters facility,” said Martha Angle, VP, Talent Management & Inclusion at OneStream. “We keep our employees at the center of everything we do. They have asked for flexibility and options to work from anywhere, and we listened. Our new state-of-the-art headquarters will further OneStream’s flexible work environment, laying the groundwork for innovation as employees are able to come together as a team, drive personal connections and continue to build OneStream’s success as a company – both locally and on a global scale.”
Sustainable, natural finishes such as polished concrete flooring and natural stone are used throughout the facility with many features sourced locally within the U.S. when possible.
Additional sustainable design elements include:
- Window glazing with low U-Values and Solar Heat Gain Coefficients with values under 0.3 to reduce heating and cooling costs
- Installing a zone granular VRF system for the building’s base heating/cooling system to consume up to 22 percent less energy than traditional systems
- GreenHeck ECV Energy Core Ventilator to pre-condition building air to reduce the system’s energy consumption
- Long-life exterior materials including standing seam metal roofing, extensive use of masonry and Dri-Design rainscreen panels to reduce exterior maintenance over time
- Emergency lighting integrated to a central inverter to eliminate the need for hundreds of remote-located emergency batteries that require regular replacement
- Lighting system controlled by ASHRAE Standard 90.1, utilizing automatic vacancy sensing and daylight harvesting to dim or turn off lights altogether when not needed
“We are excited to expand our Michigan roots with a new, cutting-edge facility designed with an intentional focus on sustainability while enabling collaboration and innovation across teams,” said Bill Koefoed, CFO at OneStream. “We designed the space with the goal of creating an energy-efficient and design-forward facility that could be a standout in any technology hub from San Francisco to Seattle or New York. It’s a fantastic space and I look forward to seeing how the OneStreamers will bring our passionate corporate culture to life in the new facility.”
For more information, visit: www.onestream.com.