Leostream, a provider of enterprise-grade remote access solutions, announces the latest generation of its Leostream Platform – Leostream 2022 – featuring numerous enhancements geared towards simplifying IT while ensuring end-user productivity.
The Leostream Platform provides robust desktop connection management and remote access feature set, allowing enterprises to choose the best-of-breed components to satisfy their complex security, cost and flexibility needs.
In addition to continuing the Leostream tradition of supporting enterprise workflows for hosted desktop environments, Leostream 2022 embraces themes of modernization and usability, with upgrades to the underlying operating systems and a redesign of the end-user-facing portal.
The Connection Broker, which was packaged as a virtual appliance, has been redesigned to run as an application with more restricted permissions. This redesign enables the deployment of the Leostream Connection Broker in environments, such as in DoD, that have stricter guidelines related to operating system maintenance and application access.
The Connection Broker and Leostream Gateway now are packaged for installation on any virtual or physical machine running the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.x operating system and its derivatives, such as Rocky Linux and AlmaLinux OS, allowing organizations to modernize and secure their infrastructure.
Leostream 2022 includes customer-requested features that enhance the integration with supported centers, display protocols and authentication servers, as well as features that enable even more flexibility when defining VDI workflows. Among the latest enhancements are:
- An updated Leostream Dashboard that allows Connection Broker Administrators to rearrange and reset the Dashboard layout, so every user can adjust the contents to see the information that is most important to them.
- Additional dashboard charts that provide insight into resource usage, such as showing pool comparisons or the number of currently assigned desktops, so IT can easily monitor and adjust how their data center and cloud resources are being consumed.
- An expanded Connection Broker command line interface (CLI) , with new options to accept the Leostream EULA and automatically reboot the Connection Broker, if required. When used along with other Connection Broker CLI options and with the Leostream RESTful API, Leostream customers can script and automate Connection Broker deployments, in support of modern DevOps workflows.
- Support for multiple SAML-based authentication servers in one Leostream environment, allowing organizations that leverage different identify providers across teams to consolidate those users into one environment, simplifying the overall architecture of their Leostream deployment.
- Finally, the Leostream partnership with AWS continues to expand with the integration of NICE DCV into the Leostream feature to manage collaborative sessions. Leostream users connecting to hosted desktops using NICE DCV can now send and accept invitations to join other users’ sessions. In a modern, hybrid workplace, collaboration has proven to be a key requirement for user productivity and project success.
“We are excited to be releasing our latest version of the Leostream Platform to better allow customers the ability to support their corporate infrastructure, increase usability and contain costs,” said Karen Gondoly, Leostream CEO. “The latest updates to Leostream allow IT to manage hybrid workflows more easily while modernizing their infrastructure to ensure the overall security of their Leostream environment and the desktops it manages. Our goal is to always offer the best experience possible, and we believe that Leostream 2022 does just that.”
Leostream will maintain the Leostream 9 release, which installs on CentOS 7, until June 2023. Leostream 2022 contains all the customer-requested functionality included in Leostream 9 and customers can migrate their Leostream 9 configuration to Leostream 2022. Leostream customers with an active Leostream subscription are encouraged to upgrade to the new Leostream Platform. To get started with Leostream 2022, organizations may visit https://leostream.com/contact-us/ to submit their interest.