Laminar, a data security platform provider, announced new data access governance (DAG) and data detection and response (DDR) functions to its Laminar Data Security Platform, to deliver complete identify, protect, detect, and respond capabilities for multi-cloud and SaaS data security.
Laminar integrates all critical data security functions – data landscape intelligence, data security posture management (DSPM), DAG, DDR, and privacy and compliance – into a single, integrated platform.
Data security and governance professionals need agile data security solutions that scale with the business to combat the divergence between the dynamic and activities that contribute to innovation while fighting the data security efforts intended to protect the business, which are becoming insufficient.
The foundation of agile data security begins with cloud-native data discovery and classification that detects known and unknown, or “shadow,” data to help organizations understand what data reside where, how sensitive the data are and who or what has access. With this context, security posture can be assessed and appropriately enforced. From there, it’s critical to have the ability to monitor and protect against emerging threats.
The addition of DAG and DDR to the Laminar Data Security Platform provides these benefits to organizations:
- Data Access Governance (DAG) reduces exposure and minimizes the blast radius from data leaks by controlling user and machine access to sensitive data and ensuring least privilege.
- Data Detection and Response (DDR) alerts on data breaches and other anomalies as they occur to contain any active threats and minimize the potential damage for businesses.
The DAG and DDR services complement these capabilities already existing in the Laminar Data Security Platform:
- Data Landscape Intelligence – Provides a holistic view of asset and data inventory with contextual intelligence from autonomous discovery and classification of all known and unknown cloud data.
- Data Security Posture Management (DSPM) – Enforces policies and safeguards sensitive data with risk-based prioritization, enabling organizations to focus on what matters most.
- Privacy & Compliance – Ensures data security practices align with regulations and standards to streamline audits, avoid fines and reduce audit costs.
Laminar integrates all five elements of an agile platform architecture for a complete data security solution. This integrated design provides accurate detection, comprehensively protects data and streamlines remediation.
To learn more about the Laminar Data Security Platform, visit https://laminarsecurity.com.