Kaseya, a provider of IT and security management solutions for managed service providers (MSPs) and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), has unveiled product enhancements and workflow integrations to strengthen the Kaseya IT Complete platform, its suite of integrated IT tools designed for the multi-functional IT professional.
This past year has seen IT teams stretched thin due to remote work requirements as well as the threat of increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks. At the same time, small businesses are attempting to navigate a landscape of complicated regulatory compliance obligations. To further support MSPs and SMBs facing these issues, Kaseya’s product innovations focused on advancements to its unparalleled security and compliance suites.
Unified RMM VSA 9.5.4 features a growing list of capabilities tied to Kaseya’s Unified RMM strategy, which tackles growing ecosystem of connected devices:
- Virtual Machine Network Discovery – Virtual Machine Network Discovery automates the discovery and mapping all VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V hosts and virtual machines, giving users greater visibility through an expanded network topology map of the entire IT environment. With this greater visibility, users can detect and remediate potential issues more effectively.
- New Advanced Linux Support – VSA 9.5.4 expands Live Connect functionality for Linux, allowing users to remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues on Linux devices to maintain a high level of system availability. This update allows users to view real-time information on Linux devices from a single dashboard, increasing efficiency and allowing for more streamlined management of all devices in the IT environment.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery – The newest addition to Unitrends’ Recovery Series appliances, Gen 9 MAX delivers supercharged computing power for on-site recovery and application hosting. Gen 9 MAX appliances are available through a subscription-based model that allows organizations to protect their data with minimal up-front costs.
Network glue discovery and documentation of active directory security groups feature enables technicians to check active directory user permissions directly in IT Glue without having to navigate to their AD server. Enhancements include:
- MyGlue Help Center Update – Users can share documents in the MyGlue Help Center with select MyGlue accounts, allowing MSPs to provide common process documents to their clients.
- Archive Flexible Assets – The latest archive feature allows users in IT Glue and MyGlue to section off documentation that is no longer needed but should not be deleted within configurations, passwords, documents and flexible assets.
- Password Access Workflow – This feature in IT Glue and GlueConnect provides users with instant notifications each time a sensitive password is accessed or copied.
- Compliance – Kaseya Compliance Manager for Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) automates the rigorous cybersecurity assessment and documentation process outlined by the Department of Defense, and is now available for the 130 controls that make up Level 3. This addition provides MSPs the ability to help SMBs navigate Levels 1 through 3 of CMMC as well as the NIST 800-171 interim rule.
Security enhancements include:
- BullPhish ID users can create customized emails and training kits for simulations that mimic industry-specific phishing attacks. Additionally, a new portal for end-users allows individuals to track the trainings they have completed.
- Graphus has enhanced its capabilities to include the detection of internal email attacks originating from and targeting users within an organization. The enhancement, which will alert users when there is an abnormality detected in the trusted profile of the internal sender, provides an even greater level of protection from business email compromise.
To learn more about Kaseya’s IT Complete platform, which enables MSPs and internal IT teams to realize increased productivity and profitability through automation, visit here.