JumpCloud Inc. launched JumpCloud Remote Assist, a free cloud-based solution that allows IT admins and MSPs to support global workers by accessing remote end-user devices at the click of a button. JumpCloud Remote Assist ensures IT can access remote workers’ devices and assist them as long as the end-user device is online.
The launch is one of many features, including password management and patch management, that JumpCloud has introduced this year to deliver the company’s vision for an open directory platform that gives IT teams and MSPs a single pane of glass to manage identities, devices and access.
Rather than cobbling together a variety of point solutions, IT teams can reduce costs while increasing productivity and security, with a modern cloud directory. Providing Remote Assist for free to organizations underscores JumpClouds’s commitment to providing IT teams with secure ways to support their remote workforces. Recent JumpCloud research showed that 55 percent of respondents using a remote access solution believe their organization pays too much for it, and that it is an additional cost that isn’t justified because of its infrequent use.
Hybrid work is here to stay, and remote support is a critical tool for IT teams as they troubleshoot end users’ technical issues and support onboarding and offboarding. JumpCloud Remote Assist enables IT admins and MSPs to access employee devices securely to assist with onboarding, and offboarding and resolve technical issues faced when an admin cannot be present with an employee. IT admins and MSPs can view and control end-user devices securely from anywhere, saving time and operational costs.
“Many remote assist solutions in the market are focused on Windows only, and they rely heavily on proprietary technology and often require relaxing firewall rules or setting up complex VPN tunneling,” said Greg Armanini, senior director of product management, JumpCloud. “JumpCloud empowers IT admins to easily connect to any OS with more security through private sessions protected by unique session keys and end-to-end encryption. This is a critical capability to keep our IT and MSP admins productive and efficient. No other solution in the market provides this capability at no cost, especially with such a powerful platform at your fingertips.”
Key features and benefits include:
- Unified control and management – A platform that consolidates live remote support with centralized identity, asset management and the trademarked “Secure, Frictionless Access” to all company resources.
- Multi-OS support – Provide remote assistance to Windows and macOS devices, with Linux coming soon.
- Role-based access control – Determine which technicians can access end-user device(s) via the JumpCloud account role-based access controls.
- Provide remote support from the browser – Provide remote assistance through the admin’s browser, from anywhere, any device, and at any time, with no need to install additional tools.
- Multiple monitor support – View, control and switch among any number of monitors connected to your remote Mac or Windows devices.
- Clipboard synchronization – Copy and paste text and images between remote and local devices.
- Safe and secure remote support – Enterprise-grade cryptography is used for all sessions and private peer-to-peer sessions with one-time access codes and audit logging.
- Reduced operating costs – Provide an easy and cost-effective way for IT admins and MSPs to support heterogeneous device fleets remotely.
- Faster Resolution of Help-Desk Tickets – IT admins and MSPs will see a reduction in helpdesk tickets as they can easily and quickly solve end-users and customers’ technical problems remotely