HYCU Inc., a multi-cloud data protection as a service company, unveiled its trademarked R-Cloud to allow software as a service (SaaS) companies and independent software vendors (ISVs) to provide backup and recovery services for their SaaS offerings.
R-Cloud is a low-code, purpose-built data protection development platform built to make it easy for SaaS vendors to deliver an enterprise-class backup and recovery service for their on-premises and remote users that is secure and scalable.
With more than 17,000 SaaS applications in use across organizations 99 percent of those applications have no reliable backup and recovery available. With the explosion of SaaS and the rapid modernization of applications, it is more difficult to see, manage and protect business-critical applications for IT departments.
“If the number of vendors in one of the industry’s leading market reports have only protected seven SaaS applications to date, the current approach to backup up and recover SaaS has no future,” said Simon Taylor, HYCU founder and CEO. “The entire approach is broken. New SaaS offerings are being built. New approaches to protect them are a must. That is why we have rethought the way data protection is done and found a way to provide ISVs and SaaS vendors, the ability to add data protection with ease. Granular backup and recovery for SaaS is now available in as little as four days when it would have taken at least four quarters before to develop.”
R-Cloud is the result of four years of development and patent-pending innovations, closely engaging with existing customers and SaaS solutions providers to ensure an easy way to visualize all the data across the enterprise, identify what data are protected, ensure no data are left unprotected, and can recover in the event of human error or malicious attack.
At its foundation, the R-Cloud platform empowers SaaS companies to leverage HYCU’s data protection expertise, orchestration, identity and access management, policy management and analytics to ensure all SaaS data are protected.
SaaS companies using R-Cloud can release secure and verifiable data protection delivered as a service for their customers. IT admins and developers that need data protection regardless of SaaS-based applications will be able to access data protection services. When the average time of creating new data protection is at least four quarters, HYCU has reduced the time to four days. With the introduction of R-Cloud, users will gain these benefits:
- Low-code, Integrated Development Environment – R-Cloud empowers SaaS companies and ISVs to develop R-Cloud modules for their SaaS services, shortening development cycles to days rather than years.
- Rapid Diagnosis via Graphical Visualization – Businesses get a comprehensive visualization of their entire data estate and protection status via auto-discovery and mapping all applications and services – SaaS, PaaS, DBaaS, public, and private cloud. Organizations get a detailed and holistic view of their business-critical data and their protection status.
- Tight Integration with Data Protection Technology – SaaS companies and ISVs can couple their application intelligence with the discovery, orchestration, security, policy management and reporting of HYCU.
- Secure, Patented New Recovery Service – Applications developed on R-Cloud will provide SaaS users with:
- One-click backup
- Granular recovery
- Self-service capabilities
- Security and confidence
- Data Protection Services on HYCU Protégé Marketplace – Organizations can subscribe and access a growing library of protected SaaS, DBaaS and PaaS applications
The first SaaS-based applications, databases and services supported in R-Cloud will include Amazon RDS, Google Cloud SQL, Google Workspace, Google BigQuery, Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, Jira Service Management, and Microsoft 365.
New application integrations will be available through HYCU Protégé Marketplace.
To learn more about R-Cloud visit, https://www.hycu.com/protege/r-cloud.