Groove, a sales engagement platform for enterprises using Salesforce, announced findings from a “Return to Work and the Modern Seller: 2022 B2B Sales Trends” industry survey that reveals insights into how sales organizations are equipping the modern seller in remote and hybrid environments. The survey gathered 1,000 responses from B2B revenue professionals throughout the United States during January.
Two years into the pandemic, 91 percent of respondents report their workforce hasn’t fully returned to the office and 46 percent report their companies aren’t planning a full return. The findings below signal a more permanent shift in B2B sales that relies more heavily on remote and hybrid sales teams.
- 91 percent report employees haven’t fully returned to the office
- 46 percent of companies are not planning a full return to the office
- 51 percent were concerned the Omicron variant would delay return-to-office plans
- 33 percent of enterprise sales teams are hybrid vs. 22 percent pre-pandemic
Remote Work Creates New Challenges for B2B Sales Teams
More than half of field sellers are back on the road visiting customers, but they continue to face challenges with critical sales activities like preparing for meetings, scheduling follow-ups,and keeping their CRM up to date.
- 53 percent of enterprise field sales teams are back on the road visiting customers
- Field reps cite updating CRM platforms (48 percent), inputting account notes (46 percent), and scheduling follow-up meetings (45 percent) as top challenges
Businesses Look to Increase Investment in CRM, Sales Engagement Platforms, and Data Sources
The shift to remote work is driving companies to increase their investment in sales and revenue technologies like CRM, sales engagement, and data enrichment platforms to meet their revenue goals.
- CRM (52 percent), Sales Engagement Platforms (50 percent), and Data Sources (44 percent) are top targets for increased 2022 budgets
- More than 90 percent of companies are either increasing and maintaining sales tech budgets in 2022
- Growing revenue (73 percent), hiring talent (57 percent), and expanding existing business (56 percent) are top revenue initiatives for 2022
View detailed survey results and findings by downloading the “Return to Work and the Modern Seller: 2022 B2B Sales Trends” report from the Groove website.