Fortanix Inc., a multi-cloud security company and pioneer of “Confidential Computing,” launched a “free tier” edition of its data security manager (DSM) SaaS offering, allowing users to explore popular industry use cases. The Fortanix DSM Explorer includes the ability to raise support tickets and receive updates and fixes.
DSM Explorer gives users the option to choose one of five curated solutions focused on popular use cases centering around protecting privacy, compliance with regulations, enhanced security control, and better management and control of cryptographic keys. The choices are:
- Tokenization – Secure sensitive data such as PII with random, format-preserving strings of characters known as “tokens” to achieve security and protect privacy
- Google Cloud External Key Management – Enhanced security control by managing Google Cloud keys outside the cloud
- Google Workspace Client-Side Encryption – Retain sole authority over cryptographic keys for encrypting data and documents in Google Workspace
- Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) on AWS – Retain cryptographic key control for initiatives related to AWS
- BYOK on Microsoft Azure – Retain cryptographic key control for initiatives related to Microsoft Azure
Fortanix Data Security Manager is a simple-to-deploy, highly scalable data security platform that delivers a unified suite of services including encryption, multicloud key management, tokenization and more. Fortanix DSM is offered in two editions, backed by FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified Fortanix Hardware Security Modules (HSMs).
While the DSM Enterprise edition provides organizations access to the full suite of data security use cases, the new DSM Explorer edition is ideal for enterprises with selective use cases or smaller businesses with restricted budgets and limited requirements for cloud key management.