Casepoint updated its Legal Discovery platform with expanded legal hold capabilities and augmented collection and preservation features. The company – which provides cloud technology for the legal sector – said that the software allows customers to manage and monitor the discovery process, from legal hold through review without having to log in / out of other applications or manually transfer files. At the same time, data is collected, preserved, analyzed and reviewed.
The new capabilities focus on helping organizations increase efficiency and reduce cost, time and complexity when implementing legal holds and preparing data for review. The unified, configurable and intuitive platform can also:
- Record / preserve / track hold details and lifecycles
- Automate notifications to data custodians
- Provide customizable email templates, linking responses to a collection log via smart fields
- Support mass uploads of custodians who match input criteria
- Absorb individual custodian-level information into the collection log
- Support advanced searches and filtering
Additionally, Casepoint noted that its customers can now collect data from its complete application ecosystem, which includes cloud and collaboration applications such as Microsoft 365, One Drive, Box, Dropbox, Gmail, Google Vault, Slack and Slack Enterprise, among others.
The news comes as Casepoint simultaneously expanded its processing capabilities with an update to Intelligent Processing. This smart and dynamic application intelligently probes various file types for errors or issues, presenting them to users to make informed decisions and produce “highest quality” data. The expanded capabilities also allow users from different departments to collaborate securely, using role-based security and permission settings.