The world of work is fast shifting to hybrid models. And to support and accelerate the transition, Citrix Systems Inc. is doubling down on Desktop as a Service (DaaS). The company announced that Citrix DaaS is now available in hybrid cloud and hyperscaler-specific deployment options, making it easier for companies to stand up the secure, high-performing workspaces that an increasingly flexible workforce demands.
The news couldn’t come at a better time.
According to a recent global survey, 75 percent of IT and security leaders view DaaS as a key enabler of secure work within their organization, and more than 50 percent have or plan to implement it in the year ahead.
“Businesses want a modern and secure desktop, application, and data delivery strategy that reflects the reality of how users work and can keep up with the rapid change of business applications and devices, without amplifying the management and security burden that already weighs heavily on IT shoulders,” said Mark Bowker, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “DaaS possesses the unique combination of attributes that appeals to businesses across industries: improved time to value, cost reduction, and enhanced security.”
And Citrix DaaS delivers on all fronts. Formerly known as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service, the cloud service modernizes IT and addresses the needs of distributed workers by providing a secure, agile and easy way to deliver apps or desktops from any cloud or data center to any device worldwide. Using the solution, IT can:
- Enhance the User Experience – Provide consistent, simple access to the apps and data employees need to get work done, wherever it needs to get done.
- Improve Productivity – Serve up unified, one-click access to work resources that empower employees to perform at their best.
- Strengthen Security – Store sensitive information on a secure cloud server and leverage a zero trust security approach to protect all devices, including unmanaged and Bring Your Own.
- Increase Business Agility – Scale desktops up or down on demand across all employee types – including FTEs, contingent and seasonal workers, temp labor, freelancers, designers and even partners – to meet flexible work needs.
- Simplify IT – Rapidly provision desktops in a zero-touch manner to speed onboarding.
- Lower Costs –Reduce maintenance and TCOfor managed or unmanaged devices connecting to cloud-delivered apps, desktops, and management capabilities.
Work today is flexible. And the solutions used to drive it must be as well.
“DaaS business and technology needs are different for every organization,” said Carisa Stringer, VP Product Marketing, Citrix. “Some customers need to balance their existing datacenter resources with cloud expansion goals, and others are new to DaaS and embarking on a cloud-first initiative with their hyperscaler of choice.”
That’s why Citrix DaaS is available in two flavors:
- Hybrid DaaS – Provides maximum flexibility to manage on-prem and cloud environments together and rapid provisioning, streamlined cloud management, and comprehensive tools to deliver hybrid work solutions.
- DaaS for Hyperscalers – Designed for simplicity, the turnkey solution allows for rapid deployment of apps and desktops on public clouds, including Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
Click here to learn more about the service and the results it can help your organization achieve.