Zyxel Networks, a leader in delivering secure, AI- and cloud-powered business and home networking solutions, has unveiled the WAX630S 802.11ax (WiFi 6) Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point, an affordable, high-performance, business-class Wi-Fi 6 access point. Ideal for use in high-density environments such as hospitality and retail locations, WAX630S features built-in smart antennas that mitigate interference and boost Wi-Fi 6 performance.
Delivering a maximum data rate of 2975 Mbps, WAX630S is a true Wi-Fi 6 access point that is features a 2.5GbE uplink port to work with multi-gigabit Ethernet switches such as Zyxel’s XS1930 Series Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Switches to deliver wireless multi-gigabit speeds.
The WAX630S delivers impressive performance while maintaining power consumption within the PoE+ standard, enabling the access points to be easily deployed and powered by PoE switches such as the XS1930 series, without the need for re-cabling.
Benefits of WAX630S 802.11ax (WiFi 6) Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point include:
- Next-Generation WiFi – Features six spatial streams (4×4:4 in 5 GHz, 2×2:2 in 2.4 GHz), OFDMA and MU-MIMO technologies to provide ultra-fast speed and consistent performance. WAX630S provides scale-up capacity to support hundreds of client devices while maintaining a steady aggregated throughput. Orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (ODFMA) and Basic Service Set (BSS) coloring allows multiple access points to be used in the same vicinity without fear of co-channel interference.
- Built-In Smart Antenna Technology – Mitigates co-channel interference and monitors the connection to adjust antenna patterns to optimize performance to every connected device.
- Flexible Management – NebulaFlex Pro provides flexibility by enabling the access point to be run in standalone mode, managed via an on-premises controller or cloud-managed as a component of a scalable, feature-rich, centrally-managed network using Zyxel’s intuitive Nebula Control Center
- Coexists with 4G/5G Cellular Networks – Built-in 4G/5G interference filters minimize interference from 4G/5G antennas and signal boosters, enabling 4G/5G mobile devices and the Wi-Fi network to coexist and operate smoothly and optimally.
- Optimized Wireless Experience – Dynamic Channel Selection (DCS) minimizes the interference of co-channel and overlapping channels. Load Balancing enables administrators to set limits on the number of client devices associated with each AP.
- Smart Client Steering monitors the capabilities of each wireless client and steers them to the less-congested band and AP with stronger signals.
“The large volume of mobile devices accessing Wi-Fi and cellular networks can pose significant challenges to providing fast, reliable wireless network connectivity in high-density environments,” explained Shawn Rogers, market development manager at Zyxel Networks. “The new WAX630S with its integrated smart antennas provides SMBs with a flexible, affordable, easy-to-manage Wi-Fi 6 solution that provides a faster and smarter connection to client devices every time they connect to the Wi-Fi.”
Zyxel WAX630S 802.11ax (WiFi 6) Dual-Radio Unified Pro Access Point carries a limited lifetime warranty and is available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-commerce partners at a street price of $379.99.
For information about Zyxel and its connectivity solutions, visit www.zyxel.com/us